This week's feature is: Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who: ________________ To fill in the blank I thought I would choose characters who I believe would translate really well on the big screen, be this cinema or tv. I'm going to give you the character name, why I think they would translate well and the book the originate from.....So without further ado, here are my top ten characters I feel would translate well on screen!
1. Theodore Finch from All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - Finch is a complex character because among his dark and complicated history, he's quite an assertive and humourous guy. I mean sometimes I found him a bit overbearing but I truly think that some of his wit and charm could be portrayed really well on screen.
2. Peeves from the Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling - Now this is probably one that most people agree with, but when the Harry Potter movies were released they were missing a vital character that added that little bit more mischief to the story. Peeves! Now I'm not necessarily talking Fred and George mischief, I'm talking full on messing about with everyone and making their lives hell mischief!
3. Cress from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - Cress is a sweet and innocent girl with a very distinguished history. Trapped inside a satellite in space for most of her life, she has that naive charm about her. Except for the fact she's a master hacker. I mean come on, you can't get much cooler than that. I would have loved to have seen how this is portrayed on the big screen, showing her innocence but behind it lies all of the secrets of the world - Cress knows them all!
4. Cath from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - I think this one is slightly self explanatory, but who wouldn't want to see Cath on the big screen? She's a fictional representation of half of the population on Tumblr! Wouldn't it be nice to watch a movie or a tv show and actually see yourself on screen and be like 'wow she gets me.' I think it would be a nice change and would be interesting to see some of her witty dialogue and humorous scenes! Emergency Dance Party everyone!
5. Rhy from A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E.Schwab - Ah I love Rhy's character. He's so cheeky and ever so slightly flirtatious. Well quite bit actually. I think Rhy would be a perfect person to portray on the big screen because I think the actor could have so much fun with him! A charming and yet devious little man who will melt the hearts of fangirls everywhere.
6. Sadie Kane from The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan - Now after the shabby job that the movie industry did with the Percy Jackson books, I would like to see perhaps a movie/tv version of The Kane Chronicles, and more importantly Sadie. Sadie is the kick ass and hilarious sister of Carter Kane and some her dialogue is absolutely priceless. Although I didn't enjoy The Kane Chronicles as much as the Percy Jackson and the Olympians/Heroes of Olympus series, Sadie definitely got me through them alongside Rick Riordan's enchanting writing.
7. Tang from A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install - Now I can't go on about Tang enough, frankly I've mentioned him a thousand times in my review and on Twitter and I utterly fanboy over him every time. He's such an adorable little robot who is impeccably stubborn! He literally reminds me of a 4 year old child who can't get their own way and I think this would be hilarious to see on the big screen although I think this book would be better represented as a TV show.
8. Noah from I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - I was going to cheat slightly with this one because I think if you're going to include Noah in a translation to screen then you have to include Jude but I think Noah's story is that ever so slightly more touching and would appeal to viewers on the big screen. If they did it right then they could show the complexity behind his character and it would work really well.
9. Tori Spring from Solitaire by Alice Osman - Tori hates everything and is the literal representation of an angsty teenager. Now although when I see them in the street I become a tad judgemental and think 'my goodness please just stop', I think her moodiness reminds me a lot of Daria and that show is hilarious - hence why I think Tori would be such a good adaptation character.
10. Queen Levana from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - Queen Levana is one of my favourite villains because of her sheer complexity. If you've read Fairest then you'll understand how she gets to be where she is, but with such a ruthless and sadistic personality she's extremely unique and I think would be a great person to try and replicate on the big screen!
Thanks for reading my list! Feel free to share your thoughts on these quotes in the comments below, or over on any of my social media platforms. If you feel like doing this then feel free to do your Top Ten Tuesday post and link me it, I'd love to read what you come up with!