Hey guys! I thought I'd do a little post that amalgamates all of the photos I've put together on Instagram over the past few weeks to document the books I got in the month of September! Now these are a combination of books that I've either bought myself, been given by my blogging friends or have been sent by the wonderful people in the publishing industry! I thought I'd turn this into a monthly segment for my blog so you guys can see the books that I'll be reviewing in the near future, and hopefully this builds up your excitement for them as much as mine!
So without further ado, here are the books that I received in the month of September!
Last month I continued my trend by saying I was lucky. This month was beyond that, and frankly I found it to be a little bit crazy! This month I totalled up 27 books and 1 manuscript (which you'll see later.) I honestly don't know where I've found the space for these books but somehow I've managed it. In terms of purchasing books, I don't think I did terribly but I definitely received more than my fair share and I am incredibly grateful! As always, I intend to get to these books as soon as possible (and some of them I already have) but we'll see how that goes.
STARTING OFF WITH THE BOOKS I WAS SENT FOR REVIEW THIS MONTH:This month was ridiculous. 19 books I received from publishers. 19 books! There are more that I received however as I plan to give them away at some point due to me either already owning copies or have no use for them, I only included the books that will actually stay on my shelves. I cannot express into words how grateful I am for each and everyone of these books, lucky doesn't even cover it.
There are definitely some of my highly anticipated releases of the year in here - including Queen of Shadows, Truthwitch and Library of Souls. I also received an advanced manuscript this month from a publishing house, with the book coming out in 2016!
This month I received books from: Bloomsbury, PGUK, UK Tor, Rock the Boat, Scholastic, Headline, Puffin and Titan Books.
These are the books I received and their release dates:
- The Secrets of Drearcliffe Grange School by Kim Newman (October 23rd 2015)
- The Lazarus Gate by Mark A. Latham (October 2nd 2015)
- Minus Me by Ingelin Rosalind (July 14th 2015)
- Conversion by Katherine Howe (June 4th 2014)
- Mindwalker by A.J. Steiger (June 4th 2015)
- Nest by Esther Ehrlich (July 2nd 2015)
- George by Alex Gino (August 25th 2015)
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs (September 22nd 2015)
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (January 5th 2016)
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas (September 1st 2015)
- The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (September 3rd 2015)
- Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan (February 12th 2015)
- When Mr Dog Bites by Brian Monaghan (January 1st 2015)
- There Will Be Lies by Nick Lake (January 6th 2015)
- The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (July 3rd 2014)
- The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (March 15th 2015)
- The Light That Gets Lost by Natasha Carthew (November 5th 2015)
- Hello, Goodbye and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith (September 1st 2015)
- The Island by Olivia Levez (April 12th 2016)
MOVING ONTO THE BOOKS I WAS GIVEN BY FRIENDS:Last month, I got to go to a wonderful blogger's brunch at the Rock the Boat publishing house. Two of my blogger friends (Beth and Andrew) were asking if anyone wanted to take any books off of their hands, and being the generous person I am, I took the plunge and volunteered to ease their burden!
They are both such lovely people! Thank you Andrew and Beth!
These are the books and their release dates:
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown (January 8th 2015)
- We Are All Made of Molecules by Susin Neilsen (April 30th 2015)
MOVING ONTO THE BOOKS I BOUGHT:
This month I didn't do too badly on bought books! When I was down in London for the blogger's brunch I bought a book from Foyles and a book from Waterstones Piccadilly! I also treated myself to a graphic novel, a sequel to a book I've been waiting for, a matching sized hardcover, an author's original series and a discounted popular book! I probably could have done without one or two of these books, but they called out to me as per usual!
These are the books and their release dates:
So there we have it! All 28 books! Oh my goodness I really need to slow down. This month I have put myself on a limited book buying ban. Although I am attending YA Shot at the end of the month, so we'll see how that goes! Thank you to everyone who has sent me/ given me books! As always, I really appreciate it! Let's see if I can keep the book haul under 15 next month, shall we? I'm aiming not to request as many books!
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff (September 1st 2012)
- End of Days by Susan Ee (May 12th 2015)
- Asking for It by Louise O'Neill (September 3rd 2015)
- Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neil (July 3rd 2014)
- New World: Ashes by Jennifer Wilson (September 18th 2015)
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson (May 12th 2015)
- This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (December 23rd 2014)
Let me know what books you guys have recently purchased/received for review etc in the comments below or on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to hear about them! If you have any specific recommendations then definitely let me know, I'm always open to suggestions!