Hey guys! I thought I'd do a little post that amalgamates all of the photos I've put together on Instagram over the past few weeks to document the books I got in the month of October! Now these are a combination of books that I've either bought myself, been given by my blogging friends or have been sent by the wonderful people in the publishing industry! I thought I'd turn this into a monthly segment for my blog so you guys can see the books that I'll be reviewing in the near future, and hopefully this builds up your excitement for them as much as mine!
So without further ado, here are the books that I received in the month of October!
As per usual, I find myself saying that I was quite fortunate with books this month. I am glad because this month I'm only hauling 13 books this month, and whilst that looks like a lot, in comparison to last month's 27 books, it's actually not horrific, which I'm pleased at! This month I attended a book signing and YA Shot, a book festival held in Uxbridge, so a lot of these books were obtained in preparation for those! Some of them are actually pre-orders too!
STARTING OFF WITH THE BOOKS I WAS SENT/ sent FOR REVIEW THIS MONTH:
This month, I was sent 5 books for review, and 1 book for donating to Patrick Ness's charity appeal. Not too bad in comparison to last month's review list!
This month I received a care package from Electric Monkey for joining their blogger's list! I also received a book from Titan Books as well as a graphic novel from Melissa De La Cruz for donating to the charity appeal.
These are the books I received and their release dates:
- Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith (February 1st 2014)
- The Alex Crow by Andrew Smith (February 26th 2015)
- Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant (August 26th 2014)
- The Tattooed Heart by Michael Grant (September 1st 2015)
- Blue Bloods Graphic Novel by Melissa De La Cruz (January 15th 2015)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault by Jody Reversion (September 25th 2015)
MOVING ONTO THE BOOKS I BOUGHT:
This month I didn't too awfully on buying books, especially considering I was on a book buying ban. So I have 7 books, and I know what you're thinking, I failed didn't I? Well, technically no because 2 of these books were pre-orders and the rest I had bought for YA Shot before I set the ban!
What makes this haul even more special is that 6 of these 7 books are signed and dedicated to me, which is amazing!
These are the books and their release dates:
- Seed by Lisa Heathfield (April 16th 2015)
- The Secret Fire by CJ Daugherty and Carina Rozinfeld (September 3rd 2015)
- The Almost King by Lucy Saxon (June 4th 2015)
- The Next Together by Lauren James (September 3rd 2015)
- All of the Above by James Dawson (September 3rd 2015)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (September 29th 2015)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: The Illustrated Edition by J.K.Rowling (October 6th 2015)
So there we have it! 13 books! I think next month I'm definitely going to recline my requesting and book buying habits because with moving in December, I don't want to have to take more books with me than I am already! Thank you to everyone who has sent me books, I do appreciate and read them.
Let me know what books you guys have recently purchased/received for review etc in the comments below or on any of my social media platforms. I'd love to hear about them! If you have any specific recommendations then definitely let me know, I'm always open to suggestions!